Monday, January 28, 2013

Midge Ure in San Francisco

Midge and Keanan. Photo: Reinel Campa

I interviewed Midge Ure-the voice of Ultravox, recently in San Francisco. We talked Slik, Rich Kids, Ultravox, Live Aid and much more. Then he played a storming gig to a packed house at the Red Devil Lounge.


I thought Rich Kids was fantastic. I bought the single the day it came out and played it to death.
In the end I made a cassette with the A side and Empty Words recorded over and over-about 20 times, then I just played that because I didn't want to ruin the cool red vinyl.
After punk descended into all those crappy groups like the Exploited, the Rich Kids records were showing the way to the next thing. I think Rich Kids paved the way for the 80`s pop thing.

Midge Ure by Iain McKell




Midge's first band-Slik.

No comments:

Post a Comment