Monday, March 21, 2011

Malcolm McLaren Documentary




In August 2008 I interviewed Malcolm McLaren.
Malcolm generously gave me a couple of hours of interview
time and I believe this was his last long form onscreen interview
before died in April 2010. I have shown a clip of this interview in
college lectures for my book 'Rebel Rebel-Anti Style' at Parsons,
Fashion Institute of Technology, Marist College and the
Academy Of Art San Francisco over the past year.
Students have been really inspired by Malcolm McLaren's
statement that "It is better to be a flamboyant failure than any kind
of benign success". It's for this reason that I feel many more people
should see the whole interview and I am turning the tapes into a
documentary film titled 'Malcolm McLaren: Spectacular Failure'.



Malcolm McLaren Documentary trailer 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment