Monday, February 28, 2011

Bowiezone interview


BowieZone: First of all Keanan, thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview for Bowie Zone - I know how busy you must be, so it's very much appreciated that you have lent us time and gone to this amount of trouble.

Back in 1978 you formed the punk group Sordid Details. You were just 14 at the time, heavily influenced by The Sex Pistols and in a band who's name would appear in a Bowie song in 1980. Did the band actually record and release anything? 

KD: Sordid Details was a punk band I formed with my school mates Dave Huzzard, Martin Beard and John Cameron in 1978 when I was fourteen . I don’t remember who came up with the name and it is ironic that the phrase ‘sordid details following’ appeared in Bowie’s ‘Ashes To Ashes’ a little but later. We didn’t get the name from DB and I am absolutely sure he didn’t get it from us either.

We didn’t make any proper recordings but we did make a bunch of cassettes. It was a mad racket, that’s for sure. We were one of the few really young bands on the scene at that time in Yorkshire and I think we were quite stylish for a bunch of teenagers. I used to wear red PVC pants and stringy mohair jumpers but Mart Beard, the drummer, was the best looking. A bit like U2 really.

SEE MORE HERE:

http://bowiezone.com/#/keanan-duffty/4549015258

No comments:

Post a Comment