Monday, October 11, 2010

Bowie Ball 2010



I had a great time performing 'Rebel Rebel' and 'The Jean Genie' last night at Bowie Ball in NYC. Thanks to Deryck Todd for continuing to put together these great shows. Loved the Sacred Center Gospel Choir's version of 'Under Pressure'.


TIME OUT NEW YROK
Deryck Todd; organizer, Bowie Ball; 29, Bushwick, Brooklyn
How did the Bowie Ball get started? It called to me. [It was] a gift from the glam gods.
Crazy. So is this what you plan to wear? No. This is my homage to Jack Fairy. My outfit is custom-made.
Do you expect everyone to pull off a direct tribute to Bowie? It’s best to put your own spin on it; dress up like a young American, or a spider from Mars. Push the boundaries of what Bowie created.
What do you think of people who just show up without looking like Bowie? I encourage people to find their inner Bowie voice. But we have a makeup and hair squad who can transform you, and it’s only $1!
If the real Bowie showed up, you would… Shake his hand and say, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Then I’d clear the VIP section and get him a drink. And then, I’d ask him if he’d like to sing.

Read more: http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/own-this-city/81012/bowie-ball#ixzz124VfhQBB

No comments:

Post a Comment